|This section provides a maintenance history of DB2000 and RepWiz.|
Changes: 1. Revised national jobs listing in HQREF table Rosetta and in DB2000 as follows: Added Heritage & Protocol Committee at N level only. Added Member Involvement Committee at N level. It already existed D and S Added Squadron Development Committee at N level only Added Vessel Safety Check Committee at N level. It already existed D and S Changed national job number Educational Fund to 19000. Assigned it to treasurer in DB2000. Changed description of 13492/3 to Regional Director-BOC 2. Allowed inclusion of F certificates and affiliated members for elective office. 3. Corrected problems with creating an update file for a directory database.
Changes: 1. Aded facility to view course code descriptions. 2. Enhanced the update availibility notification message.
Bug Fix: 1. Fixed bug where when the main screen was maximized the grid views overflowed screen hiding scrollbars. Changes: 1. Cleaned up messy and redundant old DB update process. No update is attempted on databases predating the major restructuring of organization tables in 2008 2. Took Microsoft Dialer.exe path from MiscData table and put it in the registry. 3. Database tables "Addin", "Formsaddin", "MiscData" and "Sjob" are now redundant. Emptied the tables and removed all references thereto. Left the empty tables in DB so that a version 9.6.4 DB will not throw errors on older DB2000 versions. "Sjob" table was to support printing squadron OD-2 info with the "Down & Dirty Print Utility” in district databases. Info is now obtained directly from "HQref.mdb/Rosetta" and "DB2000\MemberCom" tables which should have been done in the first place. 4. Made a new MT database template and resolved errors in the HQREF.mdb USPS organization job codes. 5. Added updater privilege filter to district directory options. 6. Preset to download D60 roster same as any other. (should it ever becomes available.) 7. Made default screen size 1024 X 768 pixels
Bug Fix: 1. Fixed errors in OD1 and OD2 process
Bug Fix: 1. Fixed errors in organization structure process
Bug Fix: 1. Corrected another bug causing a General Error 9, Subscript Out of Range when clicking on the Merit Mark Review/Submit button.
Bug Fix: 1. Corrected a bug causing a General Error 9, Subscript Out of Range when clicking on the Merit Mark Review/Submit button.
Revisions: 1. Added beep sound to all user-editable fields when the field length is exceeded. 2. Clarified password instruction text in Authorization dialog 3. Added user defined affiliations to the selection list in Affiliates dialog. 4. Revised email test display in "Comm" grid.. 5. Revised help file. 6. Revised the MM submission form to only provide electronic submissions. The printed submission are removed. Provision is made for entering an email address for drafts independent of the commander. 7. Included MM printing under the "Reports" menu on the main screen for record purposes only.. 8. In OD-2 form, made the "Export New Watch" feature non-optional once selected. Clarified the control button captions and tool tips text for better direction. Bug Fixes: 1. Refreshed "duplicate jobs" dialog in roster update to avoid inadvertent overlays. 2. If in "duplicate jobs" the "Update HQ" option was chosen it caused an error. 3. Fixed where no spouse name is defined could still assign spouse gender.
This revision corrects a single bug with bar code generation in the Down and Dirty print routine.
This revision corrects a couple of bugs including:
Made a number of minor changes including:
1. Added feature to enable bulk changes to the affiliation label of affiliated members.
||04/27/2005|| NEW FEATURES:
1. The following menu short cuts have been added:
||01/26/2005|| NEW FEATURES:
1. Added a check box on grid windows that allows affiliated members to be removed from display.
2. Added a menu item under Reports, "Tag From Query" that tags records which are the result set of a saved query. The results of the query can be:
Added to existing tags,
Subtracted from existing tags, or
All existing tags can be cleared and then new tags added from the query results.
Note: When working with tags on a grid, the tag options only work with the records that are visible on the grid. As an example of this, using a squadron database:
1. Go to the Roster grid
2. Click the TA button to tag all records
3. Check Omit Affiliates
4. Click the CA button to clear all tags
5. Uncheck Omit Affiliates
Notice that affiliate records are still tagged because they were not visible on the grid when the CA button was clicked. Similarly, when working in a grid with a district database with a single squadron selected, tag options only affect the selected squadron.
However, In dialogs which do not have a grid such as Query Roster and the new Tag From Query feature, the CA button or "Clear tags then tag from query" will clear tags in the entire database.
However, the new tags applied will only affect a single squadron if so selected in a district database.
3. Improved Bulk Email Performance
An arbitrary limit in the Windows Command string length limits the number of addresses that we can pass to an email client. This number depends on the Windows version. Win/XP allows more than Win/NT which allows more than Win/98. DB2000 has been modified so that it will open the email client with addresses posted if Windows permits. If not, DB2000 places the addresses on the clipboard and opens the email client with a blank "To" box. The user need only press "Ctrl V" to paste the clipboard contents into the "To" box. There seems to be no limitation on how many on any platform. If DB2000 fails to open the client at all, the addresses are still placed on the clipboard. The user can then open his client manually and paste into the To: box. We have noticed that certain email clients abend when called with a parameter of any length. If this is your situation, we have provided an option selectable from the Options menu entitled "Email Tagged Records". Select option 2 to suppress passing any addresses. The default, option 1, will attempt to pass addresses to your client.
4. Cosmetic Improvements to Import Form.
While importing squadron data was not a major issue, when importing a district roster there was an extended period of time when DB2000 seemed to be doing nothing. Now, the task label, progress bar and/or counter works for each task being performed.
Decoding (if email)
Importing roster data
Importing module data
Finding past member records
List past members
Updating user fields
A bug in the Organization functions was doing exactly the opposite of the recent bylaw changes. Now the following members cannot hold elective office:
Members under 18 (if birthday available)
Woman cert holders
Elective offices are bridge officers, assistant bridge officers, and the Auditing, Nominating, Rules and Planning committees.
||12/20/2004|| BugS FIXED:
Corrected bug in Merit Mark printing routine which under very rare conditions would not print an entry.
Revised SQL candidate list criteria for committee positions.
||12/9/2004|| NEW FEATURES:
1. Added feature to "Copy Tagged Records to Another DB" utiltity that allows user to build a D60 database. It treats members as non-affiliated since no uploads can be made from a national database. This allows a submitting officer's record and other members he may have to be copied to the database. Procedure: Start a new database as D60. Change to source database containing record(s) to be copied. Tag and use copy utility. User can now enter other members in D60 database as affiliates.
2. Allow Tagged records to be added to merit mark grid. This is convenient for adding user lists such as a committee.
3. Added two checkbox options when importing MM records into MM grid using the "Append to Existing Records" option.
a. "Preview append text" when checked always open the edit dialog if disimilar import and existing records exist. If unchecked, program operations remains as before, ie it does not show dialog if both records can be concatenated within the 438 char limit.
b. The problem when auto-concatenating is that some users may have difficulty identifying imported records for later editing (if necessary). "Tag changed records" will tag records that have been changed or added. All existing tags are cleared first.
4. Tag Options:
Added tag column to MM grid and some tag options.
a.) CA clear all tags, entire database.
b.) T tag by MM status. Useful when making reports.
c.) CMM clear tags in MM list only.
d.) Records can be tagged or untagged by mouse or keyboard the same as in other grids.
Added a menu item "File/Save MM File Tagged Records". This can be used to make a file for the MM chairperson containing only selected members. Useful for sending an addendum to a prior input because it won't screw up any editing the MM Chair may have done to the previous input.
NOTE: The tag feature in MM grid can also be used to identify newly imported records. Procedure: Prior to import, tag all MM entries using "Status All" and "T" button. After import, new records will not be tagged. However, unlike the tag option on the import module, this will not tag changed records.
5. Added GPS course to MM course list. Printout abreviation "GP".
6. When squadron is provisional, D90, check HQ database to see if a new assignment has been made. This requires that HQ2000v2.mdb has been updated.
7. Add "Apprentice" members to eligible candidates for merit marks.
1. If a saved page layout for labels was loaded after the print module was set to print labels, program would crash. If label page layout was called from "paper" mode this didn't happen.
2. Deleting bottom row record from roster grid would throw "No current record" error if done more than once. That is, deleting bottom record was OK first time but would error out if the new bottom record was deleted.
3. Fixed anomalous behavior in "Copy Tagged Records to Another DB" utility. Utility had added an affilate label even if record to be copied is same squadron, if not found in target database. Changed logic determining if database squadrons match.
1. Page counter window and controls did not show correct page number when first page is offset. That is, the offset was not applied to counter window but was applied to page itself.
2. A page layout could be saved without a name. The no name layout could not be recalled. Now cannot save without a name.
||8/20/2004||1. Import dialog. Changed control caption "Tag
Unlisted" to "Save
Action of control now converts all records listed in grid to affiliates with "Inactive" designator. Once this action is taken, all options for the grid content become unavailable. User may delete unwanted grid entries prior to "Save Inactive" action. If records thus changed appear subsequently in a new download, the "Inactive" status will be removed.
2. Auto-Refresh of user fields using data stuffer.
Enabled auto-refresh of name format fields. Because it is desirable to allow user to edit these fields to customize names, if user upsets the expected formatting too much, auto refresh may scramble the content of affected record. This is a compromise due to error extracting edited names from field.
Auto-refresh is invoked under the following conditions.
a.) Roster download / import
b,) Squadron Rank change
c.) Affiliate added.
d.) Manually from User grid.
Added "Birthday sans year" and "Current MM" to auto-refresh
3. Forms Revisited.
Upload files are now saved automatically on exit from the form. After an upload, the clear file is deleted. The encrypted file is preserved in case user has to attach manually. Upon reentry to form, absence of clear file indicates that records have been uploaded and form program takes whatever action is appropriate to it's use.
4. User named databases. Because a user named database may not contain data that is consistent with the dated backups made by the import module, they will be treated in the same way as a dated backup. This means that they cannot be used for import or export.
5. Odds and ends
a. Added a checkbox next to name format combo on "Print Roster" module. Purpose to allow user to make labels without a member name. Why? Needed to make a set of labels of district squadron names alone and couldn't do it.
b. Bug: In database compare module backup files wouldn't list if saved lower case by Windows.
c. Bug: When defining a user field name, test for duplicate field did not test full database and allowed some duplicate names.
||4/27/2004||Corrected bug in Changed Data Comparison that wasn't tagging Address1 for update. Rewrote MailList name process to eliminate middle initials in combined name and to include last name of spouse when it differed.|
Added ability to compare imported records with previous records to determine changed elements
Enhanced the member/spouse record reconciliation facility
Corrected display anomalies occuring with various DPI and screen settings
Revised the method of determining ED/ACH and ED/PRO because of the need to record latest ID completion date. Added routine to correct inconsistancies in MemberJob table. Added routine to validate Birth and Wedding dates to prohibit impossible dates from being entered
1. Updated printer parameter list to avoid user induced problems.
2. Added formatting for birth and Wedding dates to avoid impossible dates being entered.
3. Fixed print labels problems in the D&D roster printer.
a. Could not add or delete lines in the "Other" label mode
b. Display was not updating when changing "available labels" selector.
4. Fixed behavior that allowed non-squadron members in another, such as district database, to a squadron database as members. Now copies any non-squadron member as an affiliate.
5. Exclude double-quote from MM coop entry dialog.
6. Fixed error 3061, adding user field search result to tags.
7. Found a bug which crashed program when starting a new database. If user clicked on district list again after squadron list is shown and before selecting a squadron. Squadron message box came up with empty string. If user clicks "yes", bingo! Disabled: District list, Start menu, File menu and Help menu to prevent user straying from start-up sequence. F1 key will raise help if needed.
When importing a roster, the "Discretionary Import" settings are now saved between import sessions.
Merit Mark module changes:
User can now save dated MM files to any drive and folder. Copy to Floppy option removed as covered by new method.
Added "Chart Smart" public course to MM course list. Abreviation, "CS"
Added a counter of MM records by status.
Squadron Name Changes: Added code to accommodate squadron name changes, such as adding "Sail &". This change will modify database to reflect change and save current merit mark data files with new name applied.
||9/18/2003||Corrected a bug in the select database dialog if the chosen database had a single digit code such as DBC.MDB for Chicago Squadron.|
||8/22/2003||Added some safeguards in case of an unusual shutdown. Also corrected a wrong backup file name when starting a new database and limited the "State" column of the grid display to 2 chars.|
||8/19/2003||Corrected some anomalous behavior in the DB2000 "Copy Tagged Files to another Database" feature. It was listing H-701 form databases and not identifying user named database files correctly.|
||8/15/2003||1. Member with new ID elective will be included
in data stuffer if his
IQ field is also filled. Stuffer will differentiate, but EdPro calc
will still use IQ
2. The use of the graphic rank dialog has always interupted free tabbing in the BDU and affiliate dialogs. Replaced it with combo list. Retained graphical dialog in roster grid.
3. Added full scale print preview in D&D printer module. Reason; could not distinguish font size change in scaled down picture box. Double-click on page view will change scale. In full scale view, mousedown and drag will position viewport.
4. In D&D printer module, improved utility by not returning to first page when check options are used.
5. In MM grid, improved data entry in "Taught" and "Proct" columns.
6. In MM grid, changed course dropdown list entries to "Boating: ABC, BSC, SBC" and "Instructor Development". Changed grid/report abreviation to "ID"
7. In File menu, changed "Save a Dated Backup DB" to "Save As" allowing user to save the database in "Dated Backup" or "Primary DB" format. This allows a highly modified database to be saved for other use. This is useful in conjunction with copying records to other DBs.
EXAMPLE: Make a database of affiliated members for distribution to other users.
First, delete all records except associates from the database.
In Query Roster, clear tags, check "Affiliates All" and Find. Save as tagged.
In Roster Grid, click "IT" to invert tags and "DT" to delete.
Save result as "DBxxx_Affil.mdb" and distribute.
Users can open this database and copy any of it's records to their primary database.
NOTE: When making such a database, it would be wise to make a backup before making major changes. Also, user can revert to unmodified condition by using "Discard Current Changes" after the "Save As" operation.
8. Incorporated change in handling dual address members email address. Implemented this so that any time dual address member email is edited, if the home and away differ, user is given option to make both the same.
9. Incorporated the ability to tag all records which are not on the HQ roster being imported. This will be useful in running down non-renewals particularly at the district level which normally doesn't get that info.
||5/14/2003|| Bugs Fixed
Too many to mention
Too many to mention. This is a new version incorporating MQSeries support.
||2/11/2003|| Bugs Fixed
1. Fixed Grade Grid Sort
2. Fixed crash in Query Roster "other criteria" with no field selected
3. Fixed anomalous behavior in D&D Printer printing squadron organization if department was checked but had no data for that department
4. Fixed horizontal scrollbar placement error that occurred when font size or window header was customized using Windows Appearance
5. Fixed Password Storage for different databases
6. Fixed a bug in copying records from another database
7. Fixed mouse pointer staying as hourglass when deleting old database and clicked delete without selecting a database
1. Added dynamic refresh of user defined fields using data stuffer to plug course strings
2. Added "Current Year MM" to data stuffer. Only works if MM data available in database and marked as "Accepted"
3. Added "Make Dated Copy MM File" to File Menu of MM Grid. This file is designed to be used for archival/reference purposes.
4. In Main, added "Copy Tagged Records to Another DB". This function is designed to copy records from the current database to a target DB as Affiliates.
5. In D&D Printer, added "User Field" in name format list. This allows a user field containing formatted names to be used when printing.
6. Program now suppresses zeros in zip code and telephone numbers in the D&D roster printer, exported CSV files, and the display grids.
7. In D&D Printer added feature to allow left over labels to be used. Remember to clear feature before printing next page.
8. The "Print All" button function has been modified to now print from the current page to the last page on the assumption that the previous page(s) are already printed or not wanted.
9. In D&D printer, when opting to print squadron name, a check option has been added which only prints the name if it differs from that of the home squadron. This does not apply to district databases.
10. Added a dialog to select drive in MM Copy to Floppy.
11. Added auto-update on name format user fields. This updates grade and rank without distrubing edited text. Selecting fill from stuffer combo box only inserts data into empty cells. To replace entire column, erase data first.
12. Added a feature to resolve inconsistancies between Spouse name and Spouse Cert# references in records.
13. In conjunction with 12 above added feature to Data Stuffer to fill a user defined field with MemberFirstName + SpouseFirstName + LastName. This is intended as a mailing list for a periodical and is based on excluding from list those members with membership status FM*, AC10, AC11, and affiliated members espoused to an active member.
14. Made HQ maintained Spouse Name and Certificate fields user editable. These fields are not included in the BDU upload so changes will not be passed to HQ. Also, field is not overwritten on HQ roster file import except for new member.
15. Changed names of fields associated with module completions and VSC. The names now contain an underscore instead of a dash. The dash was creating problems for users exporting these fields and trying to do SQL queries.
||12/27/2002||1. In response to some recent Email, modified
the way in which BDU works. When entering grid it is now possible to
add records which user wants to edit or upload w/o edit. User can now
add all records to normalize a BDU date issue. In File Menu have added
item "Discard Current Changes". This allows user to change his mind
about a bulk change in the BDU and restore the backup database with
original pending changed records. (Or for any other reason)
2. In another Email noticed that a user may not have noticed the horizontal scroll bar at bottom of MM screen. Modified grid to make it much more obvious.
3. Made revisions in the Education Department committee table to include changes in the National organization. These changes also apply at district level. At squadron level many of the changes are probably optional so made them so. There is a new DBxxx.mt to reflect these changes. Since DB2000 will patch older databases, this revision need not be distributed. Just substitute in the full install version.
4. Added some color scheme options under Help Menu
5. Adjusted MM print-out to save one line height in total text height. Did this by adjusting text separation between horizontal grid lines. This should allow printing on a larger variety of cheap printers that have wide unprintable margins.
6. Moved "Download DB2000 Update" options to Help Menu. Seems more appropriate.
||11/14/2002||This version was released to recreate a fix introduced in 2.1.1 which was inadvertantly dropped in 2.1.2.|
||11/14/2002||This version was released to fix a serious bug in the BDU creation process which was introduced in version 2.1.1.|
||10/30/2002||Fixed bug in Roster Request function dead
ending, when roster did not exist.
Corrected text overlay condition on last line of printed MM pages.
Corrected bug in MM regarding creating MM grid with one commander and then printing with a different commander.
Fixed bug in Select Database list not listing lower case names.
Modified installation distribution to upgrade the release level of certain Windows DLLs including MSFLXGRD.OCX.
||10/22/2002||Enhancements to Roster Request Mechanism and User Field data stuffer. Minor bug fix in MM course selection where it wouldn't retain Skipper Saver. Minor bug fix in clear all tag and set tag functions.|
||9/19/2002||Fixes to HQ102FORM.EXE and OD12FORM.EXE and
minor adjustments in preparation for MQSeries.
||8/23/2002||Enhancements and fixes
Fixed bug causing run time errors on Query Printing.
||8/14/2002||Enhancements and fixes
Fixed bug causing run time errors on Roster Import and Authorization Dialog.
||7/17/2002||Enhancements and fixes
1. Saving MM file in old format did not have correct preamble chars.
2. Database update did not add Cellphone fields to "Members" table
3. Fixed bug preventing the "Compact Database" feature.
2. Improved the sort routines for the user defined fields. Numeric and currency sorts were not working properly.
Changed filter for MM files to include MMxxx*.dat
This allows dated files made with BoatSmart utility to be imported.
||6/14/2002||Enhancements and fixes
1. Changed Open Backup Database to Open Another Database and allowed listing of all valid databases in folder other than currently selected primary or HQ reference. This allows records to be copied between district and squadron databases. Matching of squadron and district numbers determines if copied record is assigned affiliate status in the target database.
2. Put sort capability on the grids added to the roster import dialog in revision 1.9.0.
3. When shelling to Email.exe, gave target window normal focus so that messages are available.
4. Corrected roster import anomaly where apprentice members were mistakenly added to unlisted members.
5. Fixed "start new database" so that when user chooses "National MM" or D60 it will perform same way. All appropriate features for this mode are enabled.
6. Added "Forms" capability by shelling to external executables and support for HQ102, OD1, and OD2. 7. Improved DB query dialog by adding user defined criteria. This enables far more complex searches but not as flexible as RepWiz.
8. Enabled the password protection on the database. Any database that is opened in DB2000 will get it's password set. This eliminates a major security exposure.
9. Revised DBxxx.mt to reflect forms changes.
10. Added additional course string options to the user field data stuffer.
||4/16/2002||Import Roster: Responding to comments
regarding importing roster files and the treatment of the updated
records and unlisted records, the import module has been revised to put
the updated records and the unlisted records in two grids. Now the
updated records can be viewed after import is complete and the records
may be tagged for further inspection in the DB2000 grid views. Sorting
on the tag column will bring the changed records to a group for easy
inspection. The unlisted records, that is records that are in the
database but are not included in the new roster file, are now listed on
a grid where they may be inspected. The user has the option of deleting
all of these records or just those that he marks. He may also ignore
them. This eliminates the tedious dialog which showed each record in
turn and required a yes/no delete decision.
Course Module Completions: HQ is now including the "SQUADxxx.CC" file containing course completions in the roster archive. The new fields are created automatically in the "Members" table and are displayed on the Grade Grid. Field display may be reordered to the user's fancy.
HQ will soon be including a Vessel Safety Check examiner indication for each qualified examiner in the "SQUADxxx.CC" file. The presence of such an indication will be reflected in the the Grade Grid as a boolean field where "YES" means this member is a VSC examiner and "" means this member is not a VSC examiner.
Merit Marks: Added the ability to process merit marks for national officers and members of national committees using D60 database.
Program now assigns merit mark file name with squadron/district ID. MMam.DAT, MMd22.DAT etc.. It can still read and write MMDATA.DAT files if desired.
Minor Changes: After a column sort grid display returns to top row.
Included maintaining URL for DB2000 updates in roster menu options.
||3/26/2002||Fixed query problems with senior member and life
Added ability to tag records based on column data content
Changed column sorting feature to use alternating right clicks
Added ability to generate an email to a group identified by column content.
||8/22/2003||Corrected problem with an untrapped SQL statement which synchronized the HQ-102 table with the Members table in the DB2000 database. When HQ-102 table was empty, after a new install, etc., it would throw an error.|
||9/18/2003||Corrected printing alignment problems, pagination errors, and dialog display problems at higher DPI settings.|
||3/19/2009||H-702 grid content edit error, info entered in wrong column.|
||2/02/2005||Corrected missing submitter's name in electronic submission of form.|
||12/20/2004||Adjusted candidate list for committee positions to reflect Fall 2004 Governing Board actions.|
||12/11/2003||Updated to correct the format of a date which was zero suppressing the year from 03 to 3.|
||8/22/2003||Updated to take advantage of improved code now common to all forms.|
|RepWiz||10.0.1.4||3/30/2010||Corrected bug which would not allow the importation of objects (queries, reports) with spaces in the name.|
|10.0.1.1||6/17/2009||Corrected contamination in report record added when cover page was added.|
||4/28/2009||Added ability to create alias names for column headers in create file facility. Corrected bugs in report decompile phase.|
||4/17/2009||Added ability to create table from query. Added blank when zero property to report. Corrected more bugs in query decompile phase.|
||3/16/2009||Corrected Summing problem in break logic.|
||9/22/2008||Removed certain nonessential fields from the enhanced members table.|
||9/15/2008||Corrected more bugs in query decompile phase.|
||9/1/2008||Corrected some bugs in query decompile phase.|
||1/29/2008||Added the ability to explicitly rebuild the EnhancedMembers table as a function of the File menu.|
||1/17/2008||Fixed bugs relating to control total breaks,
counting, and contents of control break trailers.
Also updated help file.
||7/24/2007||Converted help facility from .hlp to .chm to make it compatible with Vista. Also updated help file.|
||6/19/2007||Added Option to properties at all levels to automatically resize objects when the object's font changes.|
||3/7/2006||This version incorporates the following
1. Adds the option of rulers in decimal inches.
2. When a new report is initially populated with the selected objects, the length of the object is set to accomodate the length of the longest instance of the associated element in the database.
The following bugs were fixed:
The calculation determining where to place the left diagnostic line when using a binding offset with duplex printing, was corrected.
Changing the report property from landscape to portrait or vice versa now correctly sets the device context in all cases.
When screen fonts and printer fonts don't have the same character width, there was a bug that caused objects to expand or contract when paging back and forth.
||12/14/2004||This version incorporates the following
1. If path to image is incorrectly defined, RepWiz used to just ignore the object in that instance. Now it puts a small message in the object to explain error.
2. Holding down the shift key for static images when resizing maintains the aspect ratio. This functionality was inadvertantly omitted when data base images were added to the program. Holding the shift key down during object resizing signifies maintain the aspect ratio. When the resize is complete the object is 'snapped' to the correct size. If you were dragging a horizontal axis tab, then the vertical size is adjusted to match aspect ratio. If you were dragging a vertical axis tab, then the width is adjusted to match aspect ratio. If you were dragging a corner tab regardless of direction, the height will be adjusted to match aspect ratio.
3. RepWiz now saves paper size in the report file and uses the saved size to set printer when loading report. Users must be aware that not all printers or printer drivers support all coded page sizes.
4. Corrected bug where strange text strings and image pieces would appear in the blank part of the preview screen when using the properties dialog.
5. If a text object (such as header or footer text) font size is changed, the bounding box must be resized manually. If the object being changed is the only object in the section, RepWiz will now automatically resize the bounding box.
6. Numerous fixes have been made to insure that what is seen in the print preview is as close to the actual printed output as possible.
||8/20/2004||This version replaces the SPR32X60.OCX grid
control with the latest available version incorporating 2 years of
It also includes functional enhancements to support pictures in the detail area and an optional vertical line separating columns.
||4/27/2004||This version corrects bug associated with
uninitialized variables used to control report and page headings in
||4/12/2004||This version corrects 2 bugs associated with
incorrect behaviors occuring when moving multiple objects using the
CTRL key and the arrow keys.
||1/9/2004||This version corrects 1 bug and adds the ability
to generate headers on saved CSV files.
The bug centers on a path searching methodology used to locate graphic objects in the WYSIWYG report designer which was not fully supported in Windows 95.
||9/10/2003||This version corrects 3 bugs.
The expression builder would sporadically add new expressions following the As Label.
The sort expression builder wasn't properly supporting ASC and DESC for multiple fields referenced in an expression.
DPI scaling was being improperly calculated for displays using DPI settings other than 96 DPI.
||12/19/2002||Version 7.6 added the ability to specify font
sizes in tenths of a point using the new SPR32X60.OCX control.
It also added additional label templates, and added default label centering. The diagnostic lines were enhanced and made visible by default.
If your system doesn't currently have the SPR32X60.OCX file installed, you must do the following for this to work properly:
Search your system and locate the file SPR32X30.OCX.
Copy SPR32X60.OCX into that same library
>From a command prompt key in: REGSVR32 SPR32X60.OCX and press enter to register the new OCX control.
||11/14/2002||This version added the ability to specify the
beginning page number of a report. It also added the ability to start a
booklet either on the odd or even page, ie what would normally be pg. 1
or pg. 2.
It also added additional page lineup aids in the form of grey lines shown on print preview when the diagnose option is enabled.
||11/1/2002||Added the rudiments of an UnDo Capability.
Added templates for a variety of label formats to the Label Wizard.
Fixed a bug in the label barcode check digit routine.
||10/23/2002||Enhanced data binding technique.
Addition of end of file control break section.
Added ability to insert control sections both before and after existing control break sections.
||9/19/2002||This version includes about a dozen minor fixes
to print layout
It also includes the addition of a number of text formatting properties to the report designer.
||9/6/2002||This release represents a totally new version
capable of handling
multiple join tables.
It provides the ability to add additional sections to a report, to provide break controls, to total numeric fields, a variety of additional numeric formats and alignment modes, and additional query expression building shortcuts.
||8/23/2002||Modified booklet printing to center page halves
rather than to left
align halves, and implemented binding offset to move halves away from
center consistent with not impinging on non-printable areas.
||7/10/2002||1. Finally got the booklet printing feature
2. Added some intelligence to the Group by logic to set mode only for columns to the left of the click point. Columns to the right are set to First().
3. Layed the ground work for the multi section grouping feature coming soon.
4. Added support for relations defined in the database.
||6/18/2002||Corrected an error in the query decompiler occuring with group by and count queries.|
||6/14/2002||Corrected Expression names in Query Builder
Corrected Ruler scale in Report Design Wizard under all graphic modes.
Corrected certain graphic display anomalies under certain graphic modes.
||6/4/2002||Added Bar Coding to Label Wizard.
Added Help files with context sensitive help
Fixed bugs in pagination of booklets
Fixed bugs in SQL using fields with dash in name.
Fixed bug in SQL decompiler where no show field criteria was being placed on first column
Designed reports now save printer's paper orientation and duplex mode if report is saved.
||4/10/2002||Fixed bug inhibiting creation of hardcopy print of a report created by the AutoReport: Columnar wizard.|
||3/26/2002||Implemented support for multiple print copies and collation|
||3/25/2002||Corrected problems with expression builder
inserting ampersand following And
Corrected problems with parentheses buttons shutting down other buttons.
||3/19/2002||Fixed problem which prohibited RepWiz from using DB2000 queries.|