New England Fall Conference
Ashworth By the Sea,
11/1 – 11/3, 2019
Ashworth By the Sea
Hampton Beach, NH
This year's Multi District conference, sponsored by Districts 12, 14 and 19, includes speakers, seminars and entertainment: Comedy by “Bert & I” and Maritime & Celtic Music by Castlebay
- Boating Education
- Handling Propane on Board - Do's and Don'ts for Cooking and Heating
- The Latest in Marine Electronics - How to Use AIS
- Tow Salvage & Vessel Recovery - Myths and Misunderstanding by Captain Bruce White of SeaTow
- Chief Commander's Message - National XO Mary Paige Abbott
- Featured speaker Peter Shelley, Conservation Law Foundation Massachusetts
- Saturday Lunch - Comedy by "Bert & I"
- Dinner - Ballroom & music by Castlebay Maritime and Celtic Music
Meals and Activities
Suggested Friday/Sunday Activities
Members who wish to arrive early Friday or stay Sunday can visit USS Albacore Museum. Group Tour Rates (10 or more) are $7.00 per person. Cost for individual tours is $8.00 per person. Meet at the Museum at 1300 Friday.
Registration for the Saturday Conference is required, cost $25 icludes coffee/tea and pastries. Dress: Casual
A saturday luncheon on-site with entertainment by Bert & I is $30/person.
Saturday Banquet with music by Castlebay Maritime and Celtic Music , $45/person.
Sunday brunch with the Chief Commander's Representatives. Cost $30/person
- How to Use AIS
Should you use this instead of radar or in conjunction with radar? Which is better, AIS transmitter or transceiver?? To be “seen” as well as “see” other vessels! Why is AIS good for recreational vessels?
- Handling Propane on Board
Do’s and Don’ts For cooking and heating
- Tow Salvage & Vessel Recovery: Myths and Misunderstanding
by Captain Bruce White of SeaTow
- How to use DB2000: Installation, Merit Mark Submissions and
by the National IT Committee Instructor Denise Filios!
- National Representatives attending:
Mary Paige Abbottand IT Chair Carl Filios.
- Featured Speaker:
Peter Shelley is Senior Counsel at Conservation Law Foundation Massachusetts. He served as Vice President and Director of CLF Massachusetts until 2010. His presentation on the unique features of the Gulf of Maine at our Spring 2017 conference was outstanding! Peter will be delivering another great presentation this year.
The Conference Hotel is Ashworth By the Sea, Hampton Beach, NH
Mention US Power Squadrons conference when you call to make reservations at 603-926-6762. The block will be reserved until October 18th.
|Room Rates:||Standard King(KS)||$115/night.||In historic part of hotel|
|King North Tower(K2)||$125/night.||Glass Balcony|
|Double Queen (QQ2)||$135/night.||Two Queen Beds|
All Rooms are 100% Smoke Free. All rooms offer “Side View” of Ocean 9% Sales Tax
Guest Room Cancellation Policy: 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid one night charge
Parking: Valet and Self Parking is complimentary in Month of November