How To Use GPS
A boater’s guide to electronic navigation
Global Positioning System (GPS) provides boaters with the best and most reliable location and position information when on the water, and modern marine GPS offers chart plotting and other features that aid boaters in planning and navigation. This course introduces many features of modern GPS units, so you can decide which features to have and use and how you can arrange your display to best advantage. You will learn to interpret location information and tracking data readable on typical GPS screens. The course also provides an overview of how GPS can integrate with many of the electronic systems already on your boat.
With this online seminar, you will learn how to:
- Select which GPS features are right for you and your boating style
- Set up your GPS
- Select appropriate bearing (True vs. Magnetic), depth and speed units for your GPS
- Define and use waypoints
- Create routes and track your progress along them
- Use GPS to set alerts (e.g., to know when your anchor is dragging or to avoid danger zones)
- Learn how GPS can fit into your boat’s existing electronic systems.
How to Use GPS will greatly increase your confidence in using GPS on the water.
New Price: $30.00; Members get a 20% discount!
Returning users, click here to log in.