For boaters, knowing the forecast isn't enough; you need to understand its impact on you and your boat. Gain the knowledge and confidence to venture out on the water. Be a responsible skipper, protect your friends and family and take this course today.
- How weather systems form, behave, and move
- Where to get weather reports and forecasts on the Internet
- Using full color photographs and drawings to understand weather in the United States
- Using Daily Weather Maps - learning aids with a compete explanation of map symbols designed to develop weather map reading and analysis skills
- Understanding NOAA's Sky Watcher Chart - a reference to assist in identifying cloud types
- Boat operations including docking, anchoring and safety issues
The Weather Course is designed to be conducted over 10 two-hour sessions including time for review and the multiple choice closed book exam.
Cost: $ 155