A Unit of the United States Power Squadron®
"Boating is Fun...We'll Show you How"
The Cincinnati Sail & Power Squadron is a private nonprofit boating organization that is a local branch of the United States Power Squadron®. Established in 1914, USPS has some 60,000 members organized into 450 squadrons across the country and in U.S. territories. The members are boating families which contribute to their communities by promoting boating education and opportunities for fellowship among boating enthusiasts.
39.160155 degrees (9.6') N LAT
84.309762 degrees (18.5') W LON
Cincinnati is located in the southwest corner of Ohio on the Ohio River, bordered on the south by Kentucky and Indiana is short distance to the west. The squadron has members from southern Ohio and northern Kentucky. We are part of District #24, see District web site
Purpose of United States Power Squadron and the local Cincinnati Sail and Power Squadron
Sharing Our Knowledge
* Experienced instructors teach courses on Seamanship, Piloting and Position Finding, Celestial Navigation, Marine Electronics, Weather, Sailing, Engine Maintenance, Cruise Planning, and much more.
* More than 20 self-study and video courses are available on a variety of subjects such as GPS, Radar, Oceanography, Boat Insurance and Navigational Astronomy.
* Successfully completing the Squadron Boating Course meets the educational requirements for boat operation in all states.
* The USPS Skipper Saver course teaches first mates what to do in emergencies.
* USPS members enjoy discounts on most boat insurance policies.
A Network of Friends and Fun
* Enjoy friendship and camaraderie on-the-water and off with fellow members who are skilled in boating.
* On-the-water activities include: Cruises, Rendezvous, Sail Races, Navigation Contests, Fishing Derbies, Raftings, Predicted Log Contest and much more.
* Activities ashore include: Marine Programs, Parties, Dinner-Dances, Picnics and Educational Programs.
* USPS looks after the rights and desires of its members in the U.S. Congress and state legislatures.
* Members meet and work with fellow members throughout the USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Japan and the Virgin Islands.
* USPS Port Captains assist visiting members with local knowledge about route planning, water conditions, anchorages, marinas and other helpful information.
Giving Back to the Community
* USPS squadrons offer boating safety courses for the public several times each year.
* USPS members help the National Ocean Service keep nautical charts accurate and save taxpayers millions of dollars each year by reporting chart corrections.
* USPS has been honored by three U.S. presidents for its civic contributions and for educating more that 4 million boaters in the last half-century.
For an in depth look at the National Organization
District #24 Website
Boating Class and Squadron Information and Reservation Hotline:
contact local webmaster:
®The USPS Ensign (Flag Design), "Wheel-and-Flag Design", "Officer Trident Design", "United States Power Squadrons", "USPS", "The Ensign", "The Squadron w/ Flag Graphic", "Boat Smart", " Jet Smart", and "America's Boating Club" are registered trademarks of the United States Power Squadrons.