MARINE COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
Become a better boater by mastering your radio in the digital age. Learn voice communications and the use of digital selective calling (DSC), and get the skills you need for a day sail or offshore adventure. Learn from experienced instructors in an interactive classroom environment.
- Radio history, frequencies, and VHF communications
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- FCC rules and radio licenses
- Radiotelephone operating procedures
- Long-range radio communications
- Radio maintenance
- Other marine communications systems
This course is usually completed in seven two-hour sessions, followed by an exam.