Seamanship has been retired and replaced by Boat Handling.
BOAT HANDLING COURSE AND SEMINAR SERIES
The Boat Handling curriculum comprises a full six-part Boat Handling course and six seminars:
- Rules of the Road: A Practical Approach
- Confidence in Docking and Undocking: Slow-Speed Maneuvering
- Boating with Confidence: Handling Your Boat Underway
- Anchoring with Assurance: Don't Get Carried Away
- Emergencies on Board: Preparation to Handle Common Problems
- Knots and Line Handling: The Knots You Need to Know
Students who complete the Boat Handling course and pass the exam will receive credit for the Boat Handling course and earn the Seaman grade. They will also receive seminar credit for each of the class sessions attended.
In general, Boat Handling is taken after America’s Boating Course 3rd Edition and before Marine Navigation, although course completion sequence is left to the individual student.