Engage with America's Boating Club Grand Traverse Bay
Americas Boating Club Grand Traverse Bay members are engaged, both within the club and our community. When you join, you will belong to a community that was built for Boaters, by Boaters. Seventy-five years ago, our founding members made a commitment to work together to build a boating community that focused on its mission of safety and education.
engaged in the mission and built an organization lead by Bridge Officers and committee chairs
to address education and safety across a wide range of topics. It also saw needs within the
community to support water safety across all age groups.
This mission, purpose and organization still exists today. However, to sustain itself, our club needs members willing to engage by serving on committees, teaching classes, performing Vessel Safety Checks, helping to plan and execute social event and participating in leadership across the organization. We invite you to learn more about our organization and its mission. A brief list of examples of how we engage both in the Club and the community follows.
Engage in the Club
- Obtain and maintain certifications to teach classes
- Plan social events
- Develop itineraries for our summer cruises
- Find topics and speakers for our dinner meetings
- Make calls to members to get menu choices for dinner meetings
- Lead committees and finding members to serve on committees
- Learn about the District and National Americas Boating Club Organization
- Help with food preparation, set-up, tear-down at the Lobster Bake
- Runn the silent auction at the summer rendezvous
- Become a member of an active boating community today.
Engage in the Community
- Program and coordinate Water Safety Day for Kids
- Partner with the Great Lakes Children's Museum
- Participate in Boats on the Boardwalk boat show
- Enhance awareness of boating and safety in our community
- Perform Vessel Safety Checks
- Develop a lifejacket loaner program for marinas in our local area